Old phone number being used instead of new one for verification code.

MauiUrWelcome
New Community Member

Problem: You changed phone number and forgot to change your PayPal security verification phone to the new one. 

Solution: Contact PayPal security [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]. Tell them to update to new phone number and deactivate old one. When you go to log in and you are still getting texts sent to your old number just select “Try another way” you should now be given option to send to new phone. (First time I tired this, I got an error, just do the same thing again and you will be able to get in.)

Comment: PayPal security agents are unhelpful and incompetent. They tell you the only way to contact PayPal CS to help you is to use the chat, but you have to log in to use the chat which you can’t. They see everything updated and deactivated but they don’t know why their system is sending texts to your old deactivated phone. They do not even have this solution for you. Trust me I’ve tried calling the line 4 times got 3 different agents with no solution. I’ve tried Facebook and Twitter but their customer service there is even worse. I pray you and I will never have to contact PayPal for help. “F” for failure.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.