Old cell number on paypal account. How do i change password now?

BeeKay143
New Community Member
I have another PayPal account under my other gmail. I forgot my password and unfortunately my previous cellphone number is linked to that account and I no longer have that number to be able to receive the reset code... i also have money that was just sent to me on the paypal account, How can i fix this to log into my paypal to get my money? PLEASE HELP! I've called customer service with no results due to corona virus!!!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Ysa_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi Hope all is well. If you've forgotten your PayPal password, but remember the email address you used to register with PayPal, follow these steps to regain access to your account: Go to our Log In page. Click Having trouble logging in? Enter the email address you use for PayPal and click Next. (You'll be asked to confirm your identity by selecting a verification method.) Select how you want to recover your password, and click Next. (You'll be shown some options such as Have us call you, Receive a text, Receive an email, Answer your security questions, Confirm through Facebook Messenger or Confirm your identity using Google.) Have a blessed day
Login to Me Too

Taman2000
New Community Member
It gave the option only to use email or phone number I chose email and it still said it had to send a code to the number which I no longer have access to Is there someway I can email customer service or contact someone
Login to Me Too

PneumaPsyche
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day to you @Taman2000 ,

I am sorry you have to deal with this. If you wish to contact someone from PayPal you can also reach us via social media.

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

We really really appreciate your patience.

Keep safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.