Old addresses still appear in OneTouch drop-down menu

badlydrawnboy
Contributor
Contributor

I have removed all but two addresses (personal, work) in my Paypal account.

However, when I use OneTouch to complete a transaction with a merchant, I see a lot of other addresses appear in the drop-down menu. In fact, my old home address is selected by default, which has led to me almost shipping orders to my old address a few times.

Is OneTouch pulling previously used shipping addresses rather than the addresses listed in my account? If so, is there any way to change that?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

teelaa002
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem whenever I'm a website and select "checkout/buy with PayPal". Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention a couple times and it went to an old address.  Did you ever get it figured out?

Login to Me Too

badlydrawnboy
Contributor
Contributor

No, and as you can see no one else replied. I almost shipped something to an old address just yesterday. Frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

teelaa002
Contributor
Contributor

I put the question in live chat and waiting for a answer.  If I get one I will let you know 😊

Login to Me Too

teelaa002
Contributor
Contributor

Hi again, well we finally figured it out. Took a bunch of messages back and forth to get them to understand the problem but you have to ask them to delete all the hidden addresses.  Do this through a chat message under the contact us section.  Hope it works for you, it did for me 😊

Login to Me Too

hermeticstudy
New Community Member

My drop down menu has people I have NEVER dealt with and it caused me to send money to the wrong people, how can my drop down menu have hundreds of names I do not know? Did I get hacked? I've lost $700 so far sending to the wrong (strangers) people. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.