Old account problem

zigas
New Community Member

Greetings,

Firstly, a little back story. I am sure, that many of us have had more than one paypal account over the years. When I was younger I was using one email for everything (including PayPal). When I got older, I had created another email account, that I use for important stuff, but I still use old account for various registrations. I'm using PayPal with the new ("important stuff") email now (also writing that post from it).

3 days ago I have received email to an old account. The email was written in chinese (note that I'm from Europe) and was notifying me about unusual activity on 31st of January 2017. The email was send from service at paypal.com and did not include any links whatsoever, so it is probably not a scam. I went to PayPal login page (directly, not from email) and check what is going on with that account. Since I have completely forgotten about it, I've tried to login and check if there is still any bank accounts linked to that PayPal account. I entered the password and I got conformation number on email (it was also in chinese). PayPal page when I entered the correct password changed to chinese. After entering the password I've been asked to answer on 2 security questions to complete logging in. The problem is that I have no idea what my answers to those questions were all those years ago. I've tried reseting password, but I still get to those security questions. So basically I cannot access old account and check wheter there is still something linked to it.

So my questions are:

- Why am I getting chinese emails to my account, since I have always operated in english? Is it possibly a scam?

- How can I access my account and check what is still linked to it?

- Is it possible for me to close the account without logging into it?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Ziga

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.