Old Billing Address

lilconfuzd
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase today, and still, PP is supplying an old billing address to Merchants. I went to --

PayPal>Help>My Account>Update profile info>How do I edit the billing address linked to my card?

Here's how you can change the billing address for your debit or credit card:

Click Wallet at the top of the page.
Click the card to update.
Click Update card.
Enter the required information and click Update Card.

Following the above steps, I find that my current billing address IS listed with the card, and is the SAME address for the associated bank.

In PayPal>Settings>Address>Manage all addresses, there are two addresses listed - neither of which are the old billing address.

So why, when I purchase using PP, does PP still supply Merchants (when required) with the old billing address?

"Extremely old address that I removed from my profile still being used by PayPal" - The one reply seemed to dismiss the fact that the OP advised card and bank info matched. The reply also suggested cleaning out browser cache and cookies. Good advice, but I have gotten a new computer since card and bank info was updated and browser is set to delete cache and cookies upon closing.
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/Extremely-old-address-that-I-removed-from-my-profile-...

"Why is my old address being used in confirmation to vendors?" - Unknown if the one reply was helpful to the OP. However, the reply does not help me since my bank and card addresses match.
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/Why-is-my-old-address-being-used-in-confirmation-to-v...

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @lilconfuzd,

Based on what you've described, it sounds like you may have a guest address on your account. This means that when completing payments through some merchants, your old address is automatically populated based on having used it previously with the same site. If this is the case, you'll need to reach out to us by phone, Facebook, or Twitter so that we can assist in removing this address. As you said, it's not able to be seen within your account and will have to be removed by one of our representatives. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

mjk123
New Community Member

I had this, and have now managed to resolve it. I've suggested to PayPal that they need to create an FAQ for it. 

I had to go into my payment card in the "Wallet" and select "Update Card".  I know everything looks OK and the correct (new) billing address is displayed.  But, until you reenter your Security code and click "Update Card" it doesn't appear to update throughout the PayPal systems correctly.  Once you've done this your new address should be shown as the billing address and hey presto you can now go to Manage Addresses and remove your old address.......

Hope this helps.....

Login to Me Too

lilconfuzd
Contributor
Contributor

Hello mjk123, and thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I do not have a Security Code, so I can't quite follow your steps - logical as they appear. I guess perhaps when I first created my PP account, Security Codes weren't being used.

I've not used PP in some time now... in fact, not since the end of January this year. I also had not contacted PP as was suggested in the reply above. I hate to say it, but it seemed like too much trouble in light of the fact that when I first started using PP, EVERYthing about PP was so easy. Because I never used PP a lot, whenever I did make my way to PP, I had to work harder at trying to find my way around the site than it was to actually carry out a transaction.

Guess I should look into this Security Code thing... then I will try the instructions you have laid out.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.