Notification emails

Bumpkyns
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe what should be so simple is turning into a hot mess for me..but all I want to do is stop getting notifications from paypal in my email, for every payment I make on a purchase with my paypal card. Surely there's a way but when I go to "notifications" this specific issue doesn't appear to even be an option. What am I overlooking? Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Bumpkyns
Contributor
Contributor

Never mind. Just found out that we're required to receive notifications for our purchases so that we can be made aware if an unauthorized purchase was made.

Login to Me Too

ldmonster
Contributor
Contributor
You still see in the bottom of each email that there suppose to be a choice on that and when you click on the link to the link is broken. It's really annoying to get an email for everything and I can't change the email for just those. So If I want to have those mass emails sent to an email I check less often I don't have that option cause the email for the account is the same these notifications are being sent to. "This email was sent to [xyz] based on your notification preferences. If you do not wish to receive an email each time you use your debit card, click here to change notification preference."
Login to Me Too

kev6ft6
New Community Member

I have the same problem, it's so ridiculous! Paypal support told me that they are working on this problem, but I suspect that is not true. An internet search for this problem goes back years, with people reporting the same issue.  What is baffling to me is that for so many years as a Paypal user, with the same type of Paypal debit card, I never had this problem until 2019.  I don't want to be emailed every single time I use my Paypal card in a store or gas station. But the when you go to turn off the notifications, it says they CAN'T be turned off. You can only turn off notifications to your phone, but not to email. 

Has anyone out there had any luck at resolving this problem? 

Login to Me Too

chantillyviolin
New Community Member

Well at least I have found other people are having this same problem! It's only been since about two weeks ago. Before that I did not receive an email for every single transaction. This is getting frustrating. I go to the settings and the option to turn off email notification for purchases is not available!! I hope someone finds an answer soon. I'm trying to figure out how to set filters on my email just to keep it from overflowing with these emails, as my husband uses the card for everyday numerous transactions!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.