cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving verification sms

New Community Member

Re: Not receiving verification sms

I can't even verify my mobile on a new account. I spoke with the text chat support, they sent me to phone chat support, who I'm currently waiting on a callback from. It's rather obnoxious that I can't even set UP my 2FA, or use my mobile to receive money. Their advice thus far? "Just use your email to send and receive money."

0/10, low energy, would not recommend.

I installed the PayPal App about a week a ago and I still cannot receive a 6 digit code yet, I'm very frustrated because I have money wainting to be sent to me but hey **bleep** the customers right!? IN MY OPINION EVERYONE SHOULD GO WITH CASH APP WAY EASY TO USE AND EASY PROCESS TO APPLY
New Community Member

same problem here i'm from Peru, i want to activate 2FA and i don't receive the sms, this is really a problem since my account is not totally secure without this

Contributor

Add to your contacts list: Name: PayPal Phone number: 62226 Or change Sms app on Android.
Contributor

I've tried to add paypal phone numver +62 226 But still no effect. I've changed my sms app to google sms app.
New Community Member

Same problem here, I'm from Nicaragua.
Contributor

I cant verify my phone. I tried to verify it by sms verification but no sms delivered to me. So i cant enter the verification number. Indonesian with Telkomsel. I've been trying this about a weeks, but still no sms verification.
Contributor

Same here. Doesn't matter if I click the "Resend" button. No text message received.

Is anyone from PayPal actually reading these community forums?

I have IOS12  on an iPhone 8.  I'm trying to purchase extended services from an app via the app itself.  I get the window that PayPal is sending a verification code to my phone and press "Continue".  I then get an new blank white screen.  I have no problem with regular text messaging.

Contributor

I have the same problem. I'm from Indonesia using Telkomsel. I'm using iPhone 8+. Tried restarting the phone, resending the sms, nothing works.