Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

SCOTTB79
New Community Member
I too am not recieving text from PayPal. I have t mobile also
Login to Me Too

EliMarc
New Community Member

Not receiving 2 factor verification code as of this morning - October 6, 2019

have tried over and over with 2 different transactions. Nothing comes through. 

My account has the correct phone number listed, and was working just fine as recently as 2-3 weeks ago. 

Login to Me Too

T-Rex000
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, ours too. Contacted the support already because thats what they said but it was just a bot talking to us. There's no options there related to our concern. Until now our account cant transact because we cant receive any sms code
Login to Me Too

JesseComo

Hopefully this works

Login to Me Too

T-Rex000
Contributor
Contributor
After many days of not receiving sms code from paypal, at last i was able to transact now. There was no sms code from them so all transactions were pending, i cant even logged in my account but i used my sister's account to let paypal know about my concern. Luckily after so many messages that i sent to them and giving them all my registered number and email, they finally sched a call to me. Then was able to make it okay. Hopefully this will help you too guys.
Login to Me Too

Alencheg
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue. I'm in KAzakhstan, and none of local operators are getting SMS form PayPal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you're each not receiving the verification SMS from PayPal. If you've checked with your provider to ensure that you are not filtering or blocking any types of texts, please also make sure that you are not blocking any specific numbers in your device's local settings as well. 

If both those things have been checked, you can call customer service to report the issue so that a representative can take the report and forward it to our technicians to look into.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

robertofelix
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem for me. I contacted Paypal twitter support and Paypal phone support, nobody could help me. It's very frustrating to be blocked to use this service. And more frustrating is Paylpal denying the existence of this issue for us.

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hello Everyone, I'm sorry to hear of the problem getting through to us.  If you're unable to receive the SMS you can always call us as a guest.  Regrettably, I can't guarantee when you will get through to a teammate as they answer the calls in the order in which they are received.  We will definitely, pass on your feedback to our engineers. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

blakeypoo123
trying this
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.