Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving verification sms

SOLVED
workless
Contributor

Re: Not receiving verification sms

Contacting PayPal by phone currently requires text msg authentication - unless you’re willing to wait 15 mins to be automatically redirected. Can you fix that please? Then I will try calling again. Also why not give your agents the ability to test your text messaging system? When I called they weren’t able to test it yet they claimed it must be a problem with my service provider.
robertofelix
Contributor

Please, you must escalate this issue to your Engineers. It's a real problem affecting a lot of people. You pay those guys to work to help your customers, so you need to escalate this as soon as possible.

Joseph-a
Contributor

Problem solved by my provider. Don't know exactly what was done.
FREEAGENT
Contributor

I keep getting those Paypal emails asking me to update my personal info, in particular the contact number. They must assume that everyone has a smart phone??  I do, but it is a pay as you go phone. I receive and send  text messages without a problem and do receive security numbers from other systems. Just the Paypal one that does not work, it seems. It should be Paypal that makes this 100% foolproof. For now, I will just ignore the requests to update. If my Paypal account stops working, so be it!

langkhack18
New Community Member

Same here in China, I cant get verification for the mobile phone number, also got blocked in the app for so many tries!! Emailed Paypal but hasnt got replies yet
MoonandBack

Trying this too

EldiabloIX

Trying this
ebisuksof

)Im having same problem. Wonder whatexactly causes it.

Tonytone923
Contributor

**bleep** sucks
frogontv

trying this