Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

Mbn2
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue since more than a year, no solution from PayPal, they say it is Vodafone (The Netherlands)
Login to Me Too

okbrook
New Community Member

fouuf72

I've got the same problem.

Login to Me Too

jamesry
Contributor
Contributor

Still have this problem in 2019

Login to Me Too

andrewhl

Same here. Provider is XL from Indonesia.

Login to Me Too

helmerbrundin
New Community Member

I agree

Login to Me Too

honkytonky
Contributor
Contributor

2 factor  authentication worked fine for me until I got  a  new phone (Pixel 3 XL). I still have the same carrier, T-mobile.

I called PayPal support and they asked me to text BAL to 729725. When I did that I got a popup saying this number was blocked and gave me the option to unblock it.

I'm not sure if the number was blocked by default or if I accidentally blocked it, but this solved the problem for me. 

Login to Me Too

Jenizaro

Same issue still in 2020. Provider is Vodafone UK

Login to Me Too

Robishaw78

Good afternoon, I have messages from short numbers turned on and everything is allowed, but I can’t get SMS from you. How can I solve this problem?

Login to Me Too

arashpour
Contributor
Contributor

Has this issue been addressed yet? I am in Canada trying to activate 2-step verification but I don't receive any messages from PayPal 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.