Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

workless
Contributor
Contributor
Contacting PayPal by phone currently requires text msg authentication - unless you’re willing to wait 15 mins to be automatically redirected. Can you fix that please? Then I will try calling again. Also why not give your agents the ability to test your text messaging system? When I called they weren’t able to test it yet they claimed it must be a problem with my service provider.
Login to Me Too

robertofelix
Contributor
Contributor

Please, you must escalate this issue to your Engineers. It's a real problem affecting a lot of people. You pay those guys to work to help your customers, so you need to escalate this as soon as possible.

Login to Me Too

Joseph-a
Contributor
Contributor
Problem solved by my provider. Don't know exactly what was done.
Login to Me Too

FREEAGENT
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting those Paypal emails asking me to update my personal info, in particular the contact number. They must assume that everyone has a smart phone??  I do, but it is a pay as you go phone. I receive and send  text messages without a problem and do receive security numbers from other systems. Just the Paypal one that does not work, it seems. It should be Paypal that makes this 100% foolproof. For now, I will just ignore the requests to update. If my Paypal account stops working, so be it!

Login to Me Too

langkhack18
New Community Member
Same here in China, I cant get verification for the mobile phone number, also got blocked in the app for so many tries!! Emailed Paypal but hasnt got replies yet
Login to Me Too

MoonandBack

Trying this too

Login to Me Too

EldiabloIX
Trying this
Login to Me Too

ebisuksof

)Im having same problem. Wonder whatexactly causes it.

Login to Me Too

Tonytone923
Contributor
Contributor
**bleep** sucks
Login to Me Too

frogontv

trying this

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.