Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

ghtadokoro70
New Community Member

fake reply.  get learned.

Login to Me Too

Heytoo
Contributor
Contributor

Response stated ‘We recommend that you contact your mobile service provider and ask to allow all text messages on your phone, specifically from short numbers.’  I contacted PayPal, and they provided the same answer.  

I contacted Rogers, my provider who indicated that they do not block texts.    This is a PayPal issue.  

Paypal, this forum show that this issue has been ongoing for years.   Please fix it.

Login to Me Too

toppoppett
Contributor
Contributor
I am using a French card, from France and I get the number through - a 6 digit number comes through to my phone. When I put it in, PayPal won't accept it. This is becoming INFURIATING. PayPal used to be so easy
Login to Me Too

CasperM10
New Community Member
Same problem
Login to Me Too

aereese

Did you ever solve this issue? I am currently dealing with it and am not sure how to proceed! 

Login to Me Too

T-Rex000
Contributor
Contributor
Good day. Im experiencing same thing now. We're you able to get the sms verification at the moment? Your reply is much appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Etaylor
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue. Contacted Rogers my carrier and they said PayPal’s verification system is not working in Canada. Tried a different carrier Virgin Mobile and same issue. It’s Frustrating cause my payments are being declined as my phone hasn’t been verified with PayPal’s system.
Login to Me Too

Jennagow8
New Community Member
Im with virgin, having the same issue and keep getting the same response about it being my carriers issue. Its not. I get these SMS messages from every other app, like TD, Instagram, and had been getting them fine from paypal. Now I cant recieve a payment because Im listed as unverified, but I cant verify my phone. Its extremely frusterating, and I dont want to be on the phone for 5 hours with paypal for an issue that we've all been making them aware of for, from the looks of it, months. There should be a solution by now.
Login to Me Too

AshAngel1

Same issue. Lame.

Login to Me Too

nayyeh
New Community Member
This is so sad
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.