Not Receiving Security Code Text Messages Anymore

MM36
Contributor
Contributor

As of the last couple of times I have tried to login I've been told to enter my security code, which has been texted to me, for it to never arrive. I'm in the UK, and it's always worked before. Any ideas?

If I try the website or the app, it's the same.

Resend makes no difference.

I can login with my personal details instead but I've always used security code no problem until now

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

PaintandPatienc
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this issue also, did yours fix itself yet @empnumber94 ?

It does not give me a call option or security Q option, it's the text code or nothing.... and I never receive the text code.

Login to Me Too

empnumber94
Contributor
Contributor

just replaced the SIM card/ with the same provider/ but another SIM was prepaid

Login to Me Too

Liangkhaw
Contributor
Contributor

Proposal to replace Sim card is not possible as my Sim card provider is in Australia and I am now in Malaysia. <removed> Khaw

Login to Me Too

PaintandPatienc
Contributor
Contributor

This is pretty ridiculous. I try to call their customer support and it disconnects me with a robot saying they're unable to help at this time. I try to message them on facebook, apparently I have been in a chat queue for nearly this entire week with no word. The site doesn't offer any other way to prove I'm me but this damn text message.

Maybe I will see if I can order a new sim card (same number).

Login to Me Too

Liangkhaw
Contributor
Contributor
I am in Malaysia and whilst the sms from my service provider Vodafone Australia can get through to me, PayPal security code by sms to me is not getting through.... Need PayPal to attend to this urgently!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Liangkhaw
Contributor
Contributor
Since there are so many people having this problem of their inability to receive from PayPal the security code via sms when they are overseas, how about PayPal sending the security code via email??
Login to Me Too

Jaybone78
New Community Member

Paypal is a mess you can't call them they don't answer at help center or even messages.  If your locked out of Paypal your just **bleep**.  Don't think that this company will lift a finger to help anyone.  Do  they have anyone working there?  Yeah Covid is happening but the world hasn't blown up.  Ever heard of people working from home.  I know it's a new concept but people have been doing it for years.  What an horrible experience to waste hours upon hours on something that should have took less then a minute.  I can't complete my transaction because of there stupid security code!  Anyone with half a brain could fix this like most other sites have.  Just ask how they want there security code sent email or text...PROBLEM SOLVED.  Your telling me a big company can't figure this out.  What are they on crack or something.  

Login to Me Too

jam1n

Also having this issue, in the UK on Tesco network that I believe uses O2 infrastructure. Two year old issue, still unresolved and they are now saying 2 stage verification will be required shortly, perhaps they should sort their **bleep** out first.

Login to Me Too

nomnomdaplume
Contributor
Contributor

I'm on the Three network and have just tried to sign into my PayPal account and I have not received the code that they say they sent, I tried to get it re-sent 3 times and turned on and off the phone.

Login to Me Too

Samvega

Same problem, in the UK here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.