Not Receiving Security Code Text Messages Anymore

MM36
Contributor
Contributor

As of the last couple of times I have tried to login I've been told to enter my security code, which has been texted to me, for it to never arrive. I'm in the UK, and it's always worked before. Any ideas?

If I try the website or the app, it's the same.

Resend makes no difference.

I can login with my personal details instead but I've always used security code no problem until now

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

Damitha
Contributor
Contributor

here in SRI LANKA i have the same issue. cant work with paypal with text message confirmations. 

Login to Me Too

wainwda
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem.  Paypal's 2FA via SMS is just not coming through. It was fine a few days ago (Feb 2019) but now nothing.

I'm on Virgin (not O2), so I think the O2 thing may be a red herring.  I think Virgin use the EE network in the UK.

Login to Me Too

Sharniist
Contributor
Contributor
I don't think its anything to do with the phone companies im three Im not getting the texts either
Login to Me Too

Kingpin123
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the U.S., and this has been happening to me, as well.  For the past few years, I received the codes just fine, then a couple of months ago they stopped coming through.  I tried from multiple devices, as well.  I've gotten them with no problem on the same phone I've had for two years (Samsung 8), so I don't think it's that.  I have AT&T, which is different than other carriers listed, so I don't think it's that.  I've even double checked to make sure I didn't accidentally block the number PayPal sends it from.  What's worse is that my security questions are not letting me in either.  I can enter a code when PayPal calls me, however that option sometimes disappears.  Very frustrating!  I was able to get in today and I made sure that I updated my security questions so I can at least use those.  But I still wonder....where did the codes go?  I was hoping this forum would provide some easy solution that I overlooked.

Login to Me Too

Farmer79313
Same issue wish they would fix this
Login to Me Too

dinocaputo
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't been able to use the SMS option for over 2 years now.  I have to choose the other option to sign in (call me back or answer security questions)

However, the mobile app does not have this option so it is useless for me.  This really needs to get addressed by PayPal ASAP.

Login to Me Too

Raptorjesus
Contributor
Contributor

I too am unable to recieve a conformation code from the service. I also am unable to acess my Paypal account via normally signing into the website as I can not skip the add phone number option like I could before. I have to acess my account via and Ebay link. If Payapl could make it so we can just skip the number verifcation option that would fix the problem of not being able to access my account via normal means at least.

Login to Me Too

jmkmim
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same problem today. Called Paypal and they removed 2s verification after verifying it was my account and having me reset my password. Then about an hour later I got all (6) of the previous SMS attempts so I think their system was having issues at the time.

Login to Me Too

Yonsider
It’s 2 years later, and it’s still not fixed. PayPal must not follow its own community
Login to Me Too

empnumber94
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem with O2 provider in Berlin. No confirmation code. Please advice what can I do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.