Not Receiving Security Code Text Messages Anymore

MM36
Contributor
Contributor

As of the last couple of times I have tried to login I've been told to enter my security code, which has been texted to me, for it to never arrive. I'm in the UK, and it's always worked before. Any ideas?

If I try the website or the app, it's the same.

Resend makes no difference.

I can login with my personal details instead but I've always used security code no problem until now

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

Kevh123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi MM36,

I've been experiencing the same behaviour too. No matter how many times I ask PayPal to send the code nothing happens. It's been like this for about a month now. Logging in by answering the personal questions works still.

There's a chance it could be a mobile carrier problem. My mobile is with O2. Who do you use?

It's certainly very frustrating! I hope it gets sorted soon 🙂

Kev

Login to Me Too

MM36
Contributor
Contributor

I'm on O2 also. 

I wonder how we alert PayPal themselves? I think they are better placed to raise it with O2 than we are?

Login to Me Too

casm
New Community Member

Same problem, have used text for 2FA many times, has just stopped.  Getting round it with the other options. Using O2 in the UK as well. There is a pattern here.

Login to Me Too

MM36
Contributor
Contributor

I've just sent them a DM on twitter about it and referred to this thread too. Their website contact us is a crazy bad experience trying very hard to avoid you being able to just send a message. I don't want to sit on a phone call just to let them know their 2FA is broken.

Login to Me Too

Kevh123
Contributor
Contributor

I'll try switching my PayPal contact number to a none O2 mobile number I have. Once that's complete I can see if I get text messages again. It should help show if the issue is O2 specific or not.

Login to Me Too

MojoW
New Community Member

I'm in the netherlands on t-mobile facing the same issue i don't think O2 is the cause.
Seen reports on BEN provider aswell in the last 2 weeks so paypal needs to look into it.
For me this has been happening for 3 weeks, last text i got from paypal was the fourth of july.

Login to Me Too

MM36
Contributor
Contributor
Just got a rely on twitter from PayPal: “Some customers are having troubles with receiving the text messages. We are still doing our best to resolve this. In the meantime we advise to switch the 2FA off. ^DN”
Login to Me Too

trustfundkid
New Community Member

It has nothing to do with O2, I'm in Kazakhstan and I cant get the verification codes either. PayPal fix your **bleep**. NOW!

Login to Me Too

It's December 24th, 2018, I recently installed the PayPal app a week ago and I cannot receive a 6 digit yet.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.