None verified PayPal address

Afy9112010
Contributor
Contributor
I've been asked to post an item to an address that isn't linked to the buyers PayPal account is this safe?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Afy9112010 wrote:
I've been asked to post an item to an address that isn't linked to the buyers PayPal account is this safe?

Hi @Afy9112010,

If the address provided from their PayPal account doesn't match their independently requested delivery address, please do not dispatch the order to it. You will not be covered by seller protection in the event of a dispute or unauthorized claim.

You must inform the buyer that the order cannot be dispatched to a location other than the address on their PayPal account. If they decline to accept the item from their documented address, it would be best to cancel the order, to prevent further complication.

If the buyer is from eBay and leaves negative feedback, contact their Customer Service team to explain the circumstances. They can review the communication between both parties and decide whether to remove their feedback from your profile.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Afy9112010 wrote:

Hi @Afy9112010,

If the address provided from their PayPal account doesn't match their independently requested delivery address, please do not dispatch the order to it. You will not be covered by seller protection in the event of a dispute or unauthorized claim.

You must inform the buyer that the order cannot be dispatched to a location other than the address on their PayPal account. If they decline to accept the item from their documented address, it would be best to cancel the order, to prevent further complication.

If the buyer is from eBay and leaves negative feedback, contact their Customer Service team to explain the circumstances. They can review the communication between both parties and decide whether to remove their feedback from your profile.

Login to Me Too

Afy9112010
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for that reply - the seller protection is critical here as it's a high value item.
Login to Me Too

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Afy9112010 wrote:
Thanks for that reply - the seller protection is critical here as it's a high value item.

Hi @Afy9112010,

In which case, the advice I provided is even more crucial.

You can also contact eBay to report the buyer, as their delivery address should be accurate.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.