No way to confirm address and lift restrictions?

cherrydonutxo
New Community Member

I'm an Australian student who resides in the Gold Coast and also takes digital art commissions for some extra money whilst I study as of now and have been using PayPal for that for a while now (since last year). However, just last month I was unable to purchase a commission from another artist due to my account suddenly being restricted. I have learnt how to deal with this issue, however, unfortunately for me the address section of this annoying account confirmation asks for documents that are not registered under my name since I don't actually OWN or paid for the house I live in currently. This is very annoying to deal with since although I can still receive commission money, I cannot currently pay for commissions and other items I have promised to pay for since I never thought I would encounter an issue like this on PayPal.

If someone from moderation could tell me how I can confirm my address any other way, it would be greatly appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cherrydonutxo 

Do you have a bank statement or cell phone bill that has your current residence as mailing address?

PayPal usually asks for documents such as bank, credit card statement or utility/cell phone bill (documents may vary depending on one's country) to verify mailing address.

I see that your account is based in the AU, do you have such documents under your name that matches the address of your PayPal account?

More info about acceptable documents:

What is PayPal’s Customer Identification Program (CIP)?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cherrydonutxo 

Do you have a bank statement or cell phone bill that has your current residence as mailing address?

PayPal usually asks for documents such as bank, credit card statement or utility/cell phone bill (documents may vary depending on one's country) to verify mailing address.

I see that your account is based in the AU, do you have such documents under your name that matches the address of your PayPal account?

More info about acceptable documents:

What is PayPal’s Customer Identification Program (CIP)?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.