No other security option than text message

Spenger
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I don’t have access to a network at the moment and need to pay for a service through PayPal. I’m trying to log in to my account but it keeps throwing me to a verification page that only has a text message option. Any idea how to get email address option up?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Michael

Hello, Spenger. Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble completing the only security step offered. PayPal's Security System determines which steps are made available when customers log on, and it's not something that can be adjusted directly by a customer.

It might be possible for a phone Representative to assist you, but that's not an option since you don't have access to a network. It's also possible the System will offer other options after some time passes. It may help to log out of everything on your computer and delete the cookies and temporary internet files, or to delete the data on your mobile device and re-start it and then wait 24-48 hours.

Since it's been a few days since your post, I hope this has happened already. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community.

Sincerely

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Spenger
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply Michael. I downloaded the app and waited a couple of days and the security issues resolved.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Spenger,

I'm glad to hear the issue is now resolved! Thank you for coming back to provide an update!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.