New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I haven't used my Paypal account for a while and now when I try to log in, I get a message that a verification number will be sent to the phone number that is in my account. Only this phone number is obsolete. When I click the 'Continue' button, I get a verification code, an indication 'calling' and an option 'try another way'. The latter sends me back to the screen that shows the obsolete phone number. I don't see how to get out of this catch22.
i am in the same boat as you, i am thinking of phoning pay-pal tomorrow hopefully to change it.
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.
Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...
1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
thanks for all the tips. In the end I had to phone. This was a very good experience: quick and correct help