cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Mobile Phone

Re: No Mobile Phone

As we keep telling you. You HAVE TO HAVE A cell phone in order to continue to use your account. When I say continue, I mean that I have been using the same account for many years and now can no longer log in without a cell phone. You probably shouldn't be making replies if you aren't up to date with PayPal policies.

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@mysterycompany1 

In case that comment was aimed in my direction can i point out that my post was dated 2019 when at that time paypal did not insist that you had a mobile phone, they now do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
CHUCK85
Contributor

Typical brainwashed snowflake that seems to say all my friends have a mobile so i must as well I dont need one so why should i buy one

Your advice "Of course you can have an account with a landline" shows that you haven't taken the time to read the thread. The reason that this is an open topic is because you can no longer have an account without a cell phone.  Your indignant retort "You couldn't drive all the way home" shows that you have no empathy. I am always at home. I cannot leave. That's why I don't need a cell phone.

CHUCK85
Contributor

Suggest you check your message before uploading as you say OUR  account not YOUR Expert??

Acquisitions
Contributor

The email is all they need. There's absolutely no need for a  phone - or how has this been working just fine for 10 years, but suddenly today I can't even access my PayPal account? I'm effectively locked out from a work account - no work mobile phone and there's absolutely no way that I'm linking my personal phone to PayPal. This policy is utter nonsense.

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@Acquisitions 

Sadly nonsense or not this is a new paypal requirement, so you either add a mobile phone for security requirements or stop using paypal.

Even my bank requires you to add a mobile phone for security reasons on my online banking site.

Way of the world I think, technology changes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
jimiL
Contributor

It's not the way of the world at all, it's simply paypals interpretation of SCA

My bank gives me a choice (sms, email or card reader) as do all the other companies I deal with, PayPal is the only one with such a nonsense policy.

Very shortly I'll be in a position to dump PayPal after over 16 years of using it, purely because of this stupid policy. I'm fairly sure I won't be only one who is walking away because of this policy

Acquisitions
Contributor

They cut off access with no warning, not prompted by any security incident.

Would/could your bank do that?

Acquisitions
Contributor

@kernowlass 

forgot to tag you in the message above -

does your bank cut off access to your account with no warning, and the only contact option available (since they won't let you log in) is a customer service number connecting you to nice, innocent people forced to read robotic nonsense from a script, who aren't able to help you get back into the account you've been locked out of?