Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Mobile Phone

jimiL
Contributor

Re: No Mobile Phone

That's great if :

a. Your service provider allows that (not all do)

b. Your phone is able to do it ( again not all do)

In my case neither do, so problem still exists.

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@jimiL 

But if you want to solve a problem surely you have to do of modicum of effort yourself.

1. EE, Vodafone, O2 and Three each offer Wi-Fi Calling in some form. How many more do you need?

2. Get a phone that does. All major phone carriers offer WiFi calling, with support for the recent iPhones and Android phones.

Failing that don't use paypal but don't blame them because you don't want to fix your own problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
jimiL
Contributor

You know absolutely nothing about me, what efforts I have made or money I have spent in attempts to alleviate this  problem, so your "comments" are totally uncalled for and are downright rude.

To sum up your "advice"

Buy a new phone

Change my carrier

Stop using PayPal

Thanks very much, none of those options occurred to me !  If that's PayPal's attitude to their long term customers then I'll mostly likely be using your last suggestion.

Regards

Jimi

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@jimiL 

Well i have given you many suggestions on how to sort your problem.

Easy enough, buy a cheap PAYG phone that does wifi phoning, problem sorted.

So...........your welcome.   🤣

Advice is voluntary.
philipy

No, it isn't my problem, it's a problem that Paypal have created for me after many years of it not being a problem atall.

Jerry747

Why should anyone have to fix a problem that Paypal created?

pf329
Contributor

You haven't used the exact words "tough buy a mobile", but that's the essence of the message being received from you.

I'm curius how you got the tag 'Esteemed Advisor'.

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@pf329 

Well yes to be honest thats what it amounts to, but i can only give you the facts.

I would love to say 'nah don't bother with a phone, paypal will work around you not having one' would that be the answer that you want?

However that would be incorrect advice but I guess you only want answers that agree with you.

i got the title because I have over 40,000 kudos/solutions given by the 'users' of this forum for helping them solve their issues.

So how many folks have you saved from being scammed on here on a daily basis? Oh thats right none, you prefer to butt in on a thread just to have a pop at my answer then?  

And the facts are YOU HAVE TO HAVE A MOBILE TO USE PAYPAL NOW, like it or lump it those are the FACTS.

Advice is voluntary.
urcandid
Contributor

Email. Email is how Paypal can verify just like EVERY other company out there...if they wanted our non-mobile business. There is NO reason to require a mobile device.  Was hoping Paypal would be willing to verify through email like so many other companies who gladly use that as a long time mode of verification. What a sad display for any advisor to be so rude and arrogant. No time for people like that. Whatever happened to friendly and professional service?! Bye bye paypal.

CHUCK85
Contributor

The nerd made it up himself