Nickname problem

AbdullahKB
Contributor
Contributor

I have a twitch account that is connected to my paypal. People can help me to continue streaming by donating to my paypal account. But the problem is, when you donate you will receive a message from paypal and it has my info on it(email, first and last name) and this will cause me some problem because I don’t want this info to go public. I tried to change my name but all the possible solutions will not help me to solve the problem. So, I wonder is there any possible way to setup a nickname or hide this info?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AbdullahKB 

Upgrade to a business account as an individual and provide a business name through the account settings page, otherwise it's not possible to change to a nick name on PayPal, all info used in your PayPal account has to be authentic and verifiable with personal documents and/or business documents where applicable should PayPal ever asks for them.

A word of warning, upgrading to a business account may lead to PayPal asking for business documents and checking what kind of business you do, etc to comply with regulatory laws and could get your account caught up in verification net and take your account out of use pending approval of documents/account. So it's your choice. You can lessen the impact of delays by filling out the business account information correctly and in full to best of your ability.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AbdullahKB 

Upgrade to a business account as an individual and provide a business name through the account settings page, otherwise it's not possible to change to a nick name on PayPal, all info used in your PayPal account has to be authentic and verifiable with personal documents and/or business documents where applicable should PayPal ever asks for them.

A word of warning, upgrading to a business account may lead to PayPal asking for business documents and checking what kind of business you do, etc to comply with regulatory laws and could get your account caught up in verification net and take your account out of use pending approval of documents/account. So it's your choice. You can lessen the impact of delays by filling out the business account information correctly and in full to best of your ability.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.