New phone number

Gary150
New Community Member

I can't sign in as Paypal says need to send text to authorise account. But I have changed my mobile number and it does not give me any option to change number as you can't get into your account !!!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Lizsanneh
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly the same here. I am overseas so calls would cost £1.77 per minute and I can't use the messaging service as I can't log in. Bloody ridiculous
Login to Me Too

Saori60
Contributor
Contributor

I am having exactly the same problem.  Accessing this community is the only way I can contact anyone - even the message service doesn’t work.  Surely we cannot be the only few people in the world to have changed our phone numbers around this time ?  Come on PayPal - give us some assistance - I am just going round in circles here.

(Requiring verification code after signing in - will only text or call me on my old number - need to change my number on profile - no facility to do this without them sending me a code - to my old unavailable number !!!)

Login to Me Too

Mpmc1
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem Paypal allowed me to change my password yet still they they have have both my phone numbers showing one being an active landline number however when I ask them to ring this number it doesn’t ring big problem for me ( mobile number has changed) need a number to call but no one is taking calls,looking for alternative numbers to dial please,I’m in the uk.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mpmc1 

@Gary150 

@Gary150 

@Lizsanneh 

Paypal have had notices on all paypal accounts (saw it on mine) for months reminding them to update their phone numbers or check them to make sure that they are correct because they knew they were bringing in this policy. 

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Saori60
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone struggling with this, here is a possible option which worked for me.

Go to log in,but state that you have forgotten password.

If you are lucky, it will send you an email.

Follow the email instructions and actually change your password.

If you get in (I did) - go straight to changing your phone number !!!

Best of luck - no thanks to PayPal for making it incredibly difficult to get in contact - I realise that some of us missed or ignored the warnings to check our phones were up to date, but hey ho - everyone has a lot on their plate at the moment.  Let me know if this works for any of you !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.