New card: Your card has been declined

Qalaxy
New Community Member

Good day everyone. I have been bouncing between three companies today: my bank, ebay, and Paypal. I recently received a new card and have been attempting to add it to my account for an ebay purchase. Ebay will not accept the card payment directly and whenever I try to add the card to my wallet here on paypal it gets declined. I have played tag all day and no one can find anything to why this is happening. I have confirmed with my bank 3 times with 3 different people and 2 departments that there are no blocks or holds on my account. They simply are not getting the paypal verification $1 or whatever. When I speak to Ebay they say it's a paypal thing.... when I speak to paypal they say it's a bank thing.... when I speak to my bank they say it's a paypal thing... I'm tired of going around in circles and am disgusted by the 3+ hour wait It takes to get anything out of paypal. I know my card is functional as I have made purchases and have statements on it - does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how I should precede?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
What kind of card it is? Strange why EBay would not accept it directly.......
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.