Negative balance requirements

samigreenberg87
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have a negative balance after trying to use PayPal after what was likely years. The person received my payment. The site says I need to post my bank statement to fix things. It also gave me the option to link a card, which I did twice with no visible change on the site. How do I prove that I made the payment and get my account back to normal without giving my bank statement? And why is my bank statement needed in the first place?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

moneymatters168
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@samigreenberg87

WWe require a bank account or debit card to use to fund the account or to transfer money to. As you have a negative balance, you are trying to settle this by getting back to zero. 

There are several ways to settle a negative balance. The first is topping up from your bank account or debit card. You can also have money transferred to your PayPal account. You could also do a purchase and PayPal will collect your settlement amount in one transaction. So if you have an active account you don't really need to do anything extra just to settle a negative balance. 

Stay Safe 

Login to Me Too

samigreenberg87
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I already tried linking a card to put money in several times. When I did so, the site never confirmed that the cards were linked. I don’t want to give a bank statement because I already have two cards attached. Help!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.