Negative Balance

V-Ninja
Contributor
Contributor

I have a negative balance on my account and instead of waiting for me to pay off the balance when I get paid, PayPal decides to pull money from my bank account that has no money and it, leading me to get charged with $50. I wanted to pay off the balance this morning as I still have some money left over in my other account but found out that PayPal has done it again which will then again lead me getting charged with another $50 if the money doesn't go through. If the transaction doesn't go through then I will be left with no money to pay off the balance and I can't stop PayPay from doing this as I can't remove my bank account off my wallet. I need someone to help me badly. In the past when I had a negative balance, PayPal never tried to pull money from my account so I would like to know why is PayPal doing this and is there anything I can do for the damages done by PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@V-Ninja

When you pay a seller its never instant, paypal credit the seller and then take the funds from your funding source ie bank account.

If that fails they will put your account into negative and try again a few days later, if that fails they may try again OR try any back up funding source if you have one linked ie a card.

If you want to pay it off more quickly then the best way is to.....

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via "add funds" if you choose the faster method it should be done quickly.

2. Get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee).

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

Then once cleared any payments that did clear from your bank account that may be processing would be credited to your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.