Need to remove old phone number from profile

sublu
New Community Member

I have updated my mobile phone number on my profile and listed it as my primary and verified it with PayPal. But when I tried to link my bank account it says I need to first verify my identity and it gives the old phone number not the one I now have verified as my primary. And it gives me no option to change it. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Good day @sublu, I am sorry that linking your bank is unsuccessful due to the verification code sent to your old phone number. However, base on your post, I am really glad to know that you have successfully added/confirmed your new mobile number and even set it up as your primary. Hence, you will only need to remove your old phone number on your PayPal account. Please login to paypal.com >> go to Setting located on the top right corner >> scroll down >> click remove next to your old phone number located on the lower right corner. Once removed, kindly reload the page. Wait for the next 24 hours to reset the system. After that, you should be able to add your bank as the security code will only be sent to your updated mobile number and on going forward. Thank you and have an excellent day!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.