Need help with multiple accounts

KevinMcN
Contributor
Contributor

Over the years I have held two Pay Pal Accounts. There are both personal accounts with different emails. I'd like to close one yet somehow transfer the activity of the closed account on the one I plan to keep. I also have a Business Account, which I will keep. I do you suggest I proceed.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KevinMcN 

You can transfer your balance from 1 account to the other, but you can't transfer the activity.

But if you close a personal account then you should be able to add that email address to your second personal account as you can have up to 8 email addresses on 1 paypal account.

However you are only allowed a max of 2 paypal accounts and only then if 1 is personal and the other 1 is business, if you have 2 or more of the same type you risk all your accounts being limited as its against paypal rules, so yes best to close the spare personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KevinMcN 

You can transfer your balance from 1 account to the other, but you can't transfer the activity.

But if you close a personal account then you should be able to add that email address to your second personal account as you can have up to 8 email addresses on 1 paypal account.

However you are only allowed a max of 2 paypal accounts and only then if 1 is personal and the other 1 is business, if you have 2 or more of the same type you risk all your accounts being limited as its against paypal rules, so yes best to close the spare personal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.