Need help contacting PayPal to restore my account

nbolivar
New Community Member

Hello,

So basically about a month ago, I decided to help my father sell some of his Legos on eBay. I went ahead and made a business PayPal account because we were quite frankly running a business. I had made some sales quick, and had almost 1 thousand $ in my account. 

PayPal then asked for more identification for security purposes, which I understand. Though, I forgot I was not 18 yet, even though I am off to college. I sent my drivers license and such, then they emailed me back saying "My account is limited until I turn 18. Once I am 18, I can request for no limitations,". Well, I am 18 now, and I went to resolve the issue, but it is not letting me resolve the issue. My account will not let me withdraw my money, or send it to someone who can withdraw it for me.

Please someone, I need help getting my account working again. We really need this money. I need to contact PayPal but I don't know how. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nbolivar 

You would never be able to use an illegally made underage account.

If you are over 18 then paypal normally allow you to open a new paypal account and then you need to contact them to see if they will transfer across the funds for you to your new account, then you can withdraw them to any bank account/debit card you have added to that new account. But you won't be able to use any email address / bank account or cards linked to the permanently limited account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.