Name change

Kateeee1
Contributor
Contributor
Wondering how long it takes paypal to update your name I only need a Y instead of an E at the end of my name to make it the correct spelling. They wanted a letter of address and passport proof ive uploaded and sent that 2 days ago they say its being reviewed. How long could it take as I am waiting to apply for paypal credit. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kateeee1 

Allow up to a few weeks at the moment unfortunately.

Everything is taking longer at the moment including payment releases / disputes / refunds / withdrawals etc as Paypal is working with reduced staff and in difficult circumstances due to covid, hope you get it reviewed soon.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kateeee1 

Allow up to a few weeks at the moment unfortunately.

Everything is taking longer at the moment including payment releases / disputes / refunds / withdrawals etc as Paypal is working with reduced staff and in difficult circumstances due to covid, hope you get it reviewed soon.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ian_alvizo96
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass I wanted to add my middle name to my paypal name, to complete it so it would link with my gcash account. My gcash account has my full name but not paypal, so they couldnt link, because gcash requires to have the same credentials as my paypal account. I submitted, 2 government IDs and my birth certificate, after 2 weeks still no update, my account dosent have my full complete name still has no middle name and it wont link with my gcash account

Login to Me Too

sistermylan
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently, in August already, they were very much behind. A few weeks. Translates in my language into few months... 

I have the exact same issue. well...I guess it will be for 2021. But I agree, if we need to transfer money to the bank account, it is very frustrating to imagine it is frozen because of this single issue. 

I don't understand why Paypal didn't hire more people to work on this. No more comment on that.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sistermylan 

Guess most folks manage to put the correct legal name on their paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

NewVagabond
New Community Member

have they updated it now?

Login to Me Too

sistermylan
Contributor
Contributor
Nope, nothing yet.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.