Name change

Btorrens
New Community Member

How do I change the name on this account as my husband is deceased and under settings it doesn’t give you that choice

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Btorrens 

Sadly you can't change a paypal account from one person to another, your best bet is to close your husbands account and open one in your own name?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Btorrens 

Sadly you can't change a paypal account from one person to another, your best bet is to close your husbands account and open one in your own name?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Quilter6
New Community Member

I’m in the same predicament ! My husband is deceased and never thought about my name , even though I use different it primarily. I sent in marriage certificate, death certificate, my drivers license .... no reply from PayPal at all! 

So...I went to close account and open new one and it said provide email address. I did. It said it can’t be used it’s alreay in file?!?! I can’t get anywhere! 

Im stuck! 

An dno reply from PayPal at all....

Ill sure be glad when eBay gets their own payment system up and running! PayPal will not be in my vocabulary! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.