Name change

dmose100
Contributor
Contributor

I can't seem to change my name. Please don't send me the screen shot of the directions - I've done that. And yes, the documents are in the correct format. I've tried for over a month to get this resolved and EVERYONE sends me the same old instructions. I've reached out to customer service via phone, to be transferred and placed on hold for 30 minutes to I hung up. I've emailed and of course Pay Pay CS sends me the instructions. IT WILL NOT ACCEPT MY DOCUMENTS. I do not want to mail legal documents through the mail. This is ridiculous. This is what I get EVERY SINGLE TIME:

Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 1.59.48 PM.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dmose100 

You could try phoning them to sort it?

They may be able to send you a working link.

Failing that if you decide to close your business account and then open a personal one don't forget to remove all your cards / bank accounts AND cancel subscriptions etc first.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dmose100 

Paypal don't accept your documents OR you can't upload them?

Your screenshot isn't showing.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dmose100
Contributor
Contributor
I upload them and everything is as it should be, then I get a red letter alert that says “please try again.” It doesn’t matter what I do , it keeps popping up. I can’t seem to get any real help from PayPal and I’m not mailing important documents via mail.... so I’m resorting to closing my acct. Nothing else I can do. It’s one word that needs to be changed. One word.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dmose100 

You could try phoning them to sort it?

They may be able to send you a working link.

Failing that if you decide to close your business account and then open a personal one don't forget to remove all your cards / bank accounts AND cancel subscriptions etc first.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jessicamotyl
Contributor
Contributor

Were you ever able to get this figured out?  I am having the same exact issue.  I tried a couple months ago to contact customer service, and they were no help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dmose100 and @jessicamotyl,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty uploading documents. Please check the documents to make sure that they are under 2MB, that they are one of the approved file types, that the file names are less than 40 characters, and that the file names don't have a string of numbers in them.

If you still have issues uploading the documents, please reach out to customer service. 

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jessicamotyl
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia 

I have tried all of that, and still get a submission error.  I contacted someone via Facebook Messenger, and they gave me a link to send in documents.  I did that yesterday, but have not heard back if they were received/accepted.

I have been trying to get this done for over 6 months, and the PayPal team has not been much help.  Please fix your system!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jessicamotyl,

I am sorry that there's an disconnect in communication. Using the upload link allows the documents to be transferred but it doesn't alert anyone that the documents have been uploaded. Please reach out again to customer service to advise them the documents are uploaded and request an update on the process.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Mstadler
Contributor
Contributor

@jessicamotyl I have been married for FIVE YEARS and still can't get my name changed. First I followed the instructions on the website but that didn't work, I get an error, then I tried calling and was given a fax number so I did that and nothing, I called and faxed again and still nothing.  I gave up for about 3 years but I just had an unknown payment error so came to look and see if I could resolve my name change issued.  No such luck, and now I see I'm not the only one.

I love logging into my PayPal account to see the name of my abuser, that's fun stuff.  I have had this PayPal account for longer than I can remember and I have a lot of things linked to it but that is about to end if they don't come up with  a solution. 

Maybe I will call so I can have a third customer service person promise me it will be changed....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.