Contributor

My name have many typos and I can't change my name please help me

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@manoskop 

You can only change your name for a 'minor typo' or for legal reasons ie marriage.

If you have a fake name linked to your paypal account then you would be out of luck and you would not be able to verify it or withdraw funds from it.

To change the name with a minor typo click on your name in your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

manoskop
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply, Im new to this, I created my name with many typos by mistake and I want to change to correct same name like the name on my ID card and bank card but I don't know what papers and stuffs to send here for changing name. Any help?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi manoskop, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

You can request a name change through your PayPal account. Please click the settings icon and then update next to your name. It will advise you what documents are required to change the name and how to upload the documentation. 

As kernowlass has explained in her last message, a name change can only be completed in cases of a minor typo or marriage/divorce/deed poll. If there are many typos in the name and it is significantly different to the name on your photo ID the name change may be declined. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

manoskop
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply again, I'm just confused because documents is differents depends in country, between I posted two photos of ID card in front and back but Im not sure if that is correct document and I don't know what another document needed in my country... The current name not have so many typos just should be capital letters also the fisrt name have some typos (should be long/official name instead short/simple name) and the last name is correct. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

szxvck
New Community Member

I have only a letter missing from my name, either I did not type the letter or paypal did not add it.  My name has many various spellings, but it needs changed and I have attempted this several times and still the same.  How long does this take?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @szxvck,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. In general, it may take 5-7 business days. Please contact us by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage so that we can look into this further. You may reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps. 

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.