Name change, no photo id

mercyriddle
New Community Member

I need to change my legal name but have no current photo id, and no easy way to obtain some. i have my name change certificate and other documents with my name and address, am i still able to change my name?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mercyriddle 

You may not need it, wait for customer services to ask.

To change the name on an account:

1. Go to  Settings.
  2. Beside your name, click Update.
  3. Choose the appropriate name change from the available options, 'Fix a minor typo', 'Update your name' or 'Change your legal name'.

To fix a minor typo (up to 2 characters, and only once after creating your PayPal account):

1. Enter your first and last names.
  2. Check the box to confirm 'I'd like to update my name' and click Update Name.

To update your name/ Change your legal name:

1. Choose the type of name change and click Continue.
  2. Follow the onscreen steps. 

Note: If you're not fixing a typo, you'll be asked to provide documentation to support your name change. We don’t accept files that are sent as email attachments. If you email attachments, we'll still require you to upload your documents.

To upload your documents:

1. Click Upload Files or Choose a file to upload and browse for the file(s) you want to upload (or drag to the upload panel).
  2. Click Attach File, if prompted, and allow the files time to upload.
  3. Click Send Files or Submit.

We may ask you to provide documentation to support your name change request, which you can upload through your account. Once we've received your documents, we'll review your request and usually respond back to you within 3 to 5 business days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.