Name change issue

hq92
Contributor
Contributor

I created a business account under my newly married name without thinking, but now I need to verify my account none of my I.d or letters with my address on correspond so I'm unable to verify my account! 

Live tried to change my name back to my maiden name on my account but there must be an error because when I go to setting>change name it brings up a list of options to tick but won't let me tick anything other than change business name. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

I currently have funds in my account that I now can't access.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @hq92,

Thank you for your post! Congrats on the wedding!

I'm sorry to hear of the predicament you're in with identity verification. It wouldn't be possible to initiate a name change without the same documents that are being requested for the identity verification. I regret that the account will not be usable until identity documents that match the name on the account can be obtained and uploaded.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.