Name change difficulties

lisa19071
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve recent got married and asked for my name to be changed. I sent all the required documents 22/09/19 and received a response from PayPal saying they didn’t have the required info, despite me sending the 3 pieces of info they asked for. I received this message from them 2/10/19 so called up and asked why my request had been denied: the woman I spoke with proceeded to advise that PayPal did in fact have the required documents, what a surprise you can now find the documents you asked for and were sent 2 weeks prior!! The call operator advised the situation would be sorted within 72 hours and my name would be changed, it’s now the 10/10/19 and it’s still not done and no response from PayPal. Called again and they said “I’ll pass it to back office” to which I replied not good enough, you told me on the 2/10 it’d be done within 72 hours..... They’ve told me it’ll be sorted by 6pm today but I’m not holding my breath! How is it easier to change my driving license, name on bank account, payroll at work and on a register for professionals than it is with a website that is PayPal?!? Absolute joke! Anyways rant aside has anyone ever managed to get their name changed and how did you get paypal to do it without having to: send documents twice, call multiple times? Is it just easier to close my account and start over with a new one??
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lisa19071 

You know sometimes i think that it would be easier to just close an account to change a name.

They seem to take weeks to do a simple task when they say it will be 2-3 days and the left hand never knows what the right is doing as regards customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lisa19071
Contributor
Contributor
While the issue hasn’t been solved it’s sort of comforting/helpful to know I’m not the only one, it just makes me so angry that they’re making it harder than it was change actual LEGAL documents like a driving license, National insurance/payroll, my pension at work, professional registration, it’s so frustrating as nothing else has even been this difficult everything else was relatively easy to do, I feel they are being difficult, intentionally, for no reason whatsoever
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.