Name Change

milk4chocolate
Contributor
Contributor
When I signed up for my Paypal account, there was NO WANNNING OR ANY NOTICE to say I need to fill in my legal name.  So I put my preferred name, this name is still me, everyone knows the name is me, but it's just not the legal name in my passport.  And I have three cards/bank accounts linking.   

I have uploaded every document, but no one reviewed them or gave me any response.   This is really unacceptable.

I hope Paypal can do something in this situation.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate post.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

milk4chocolate
Contributor
Contributor

Hey..  When I signed up, I didn't know Paypal is like a financial institution, but when I sign up any bank account including Alipay,  they would check my ID and credit instantly.  I signed up Paypal in 2011, I have used Paypal service for 9 years, just recently got the message that my account was limited.  As you said Paypal is a financial institution, I  don't believe so. NO FINANCIAL INSTITUTION doesn't check any ID and Personal Credit to open an account. Right?  Please don't say such stupid words to your customers and blame your customers for what you haven't done right in the first beginning. Now I understand why so many frauds happen via Paypal.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@milk4chocolate 

No person would open a legal / financial account withOUT their legal name.

And I don't have any 'customers' why would I ???

Or is a 'community' forum something else you just 'haven't bother to read'?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.