Name Change

DGil
Contributor
Contributor
I have been trying to change a typographical error on my name for over 8 days now. The typographical error ‘button’ does not work. I have tried all 3 mechanisms for changing your name but I have received no confirmation, this was 8 days ago!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DGil
Contributor
Contributor
HeLlO ? Can anyone from this company provide me with any meaningful feedback? It’s been nearly 3 weeks and I can’t even change a single typo on my account....after providing you all the legal documentation numerous times. Shocking

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

jpcastel82
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @DGil
Thanks for reaching the Community for this concern. If there is a typo error on your name, you can change it up to 2 characters only. You can check this link for the steps on name changing: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-change-the-name-on-my-paypal-account-faq926?app...

Hope that helps. Stay safe always.

Login to Me Too

DGil
Contributor
Contributor
As per my comment this button does not work.....
Login to Me Too
Solved

DGil
Contributor
Contributor
HeLlO ? Can anyone from this company provide me with any meaningful feedback? It’s been nearly 3 weeks and I can’t even change a single typo on my account....after providing you all the legal documentation numerous times. Shocking
Login to Me Too

3suri
New Community Member

Hi! did you manage to fix it?  Customer service here is doing time, not working for salary obviously. Replies  Im getting are embarrassing. Please let me know if you found some solution.

Login to Me Too

1ting
New Community Member

Hi... did you manage to solve the problem? I'm having the same problem currently too! There is no submit button to submit legal documents...then the customer service people told me to send it to them via message and they will get it done. 2 weeks later...my name is still not changed!

What is going on with paypal??? Such a big & reputable company but just a simple name change and it can't be done?

SO frustrating!!! 😡😩

Login to Me Too

Elen_mikay
Hello i have also same issue a typographical error in my name and the change name option doesn't have "typo.. button". I have mistakenly forget add one character(-) in my name. My surname real spelling Tanu-an, but my account name doesn't have this character (-) and its important for me to change it, I hope PayPal employees/team can help me my issue. I hope someone will response. Thank you!:)
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.