Name Change Trouble

Switchback
Contributor
Contributor

I've had a lot of trouble changing my name from my nickname I used to sign up with, to my full title. I've uploaded my documents and followed the process through numerous times but I've become so exasperated I've turned here for help.

I've just now followed the 'My name is incorrect' process and uploaded a copy of my Driving License and a Utility Bill dated 1st of July. (I do not have a business letterhead as this is a non-profit donation account, nor do I have official name change documents as my name has not officially changed.) I've also sent an email to PayPal about the uploaded documents and requested them to update me on the process to ensure my personal name is altered this time.

I'm leaving this topic open too just to try and get this solved once and for all. My nickname is 3 letters and my full name is 8. It's a little crazy that I've spent months on trying to get this altered, and only hope this finally gets to the bottom of it. Have other users had this trouble, or is there any further advice anyone can give? I'd really appreciate it.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Switchback
Contributor
Contributor

For any who have similar troubles to my own in future, I emailed PayPal regarding the issue directly after I uploaded my documents, and they graciously carried out the name change after months of trouble and headache fighting with the document uploader.

I'm disappointed in the flippancy of information provided by users here on the Forum. Not at all helpful.

I hope this helps future users with the same problem.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Switchback 

The documents you upload are supposed to prove that the name on your paypal account is correct OR that you have legally changed it and those documents prove it and so you can get the name changed to your new legal name.

You can't change a nickname as its not your legal name and so can't be legally changed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Switchback
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply @kernowlass 

So even if my nickname is a clear abbreviation of my full name (not a school nickname or such) there's absolutely no way for me to change it? Even if I upload my passport, birth certificate, driver's license, etc? Would I need to make an entirely new account to rectify this? Am I able to close down this account to then instate a new one with the same email address with my full name? Just so many questions here.

All in all, I could ignore the issue, but it all just seems a little backwards in for an oversight I made when I was younger.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Switchback
Contributor
Contributor

For any who have similar troubles to my own in future, I emailed PayPal regarding the issue directly after I uploaded my documents, and they graciously carried out the name change after months of trouble and headache fighting with the document uploader.

I'm disappointed in the flippancy of information provided by users here on the Forum. Not at all helpful.

I hope this helps future users with the same problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.