NO MOBILE, YET CONSTANTLY ASKED TO SUPPLY ONE. UNBELIEVABLE

superchip210
Contributor
Contributor

NO MOBILE, YET CONSTANTLY ASKED TO SUPPLY ONE. UNBELIEVABLE!

I don't believe for one moment there is any one at this place who knows what to do. I do not have a mobile and I do not want one yet the only way I can get into my account is to open a new tab as the first tab will not let me go any further without putting a mobile number in. Email the "staff" and waffle comes back about how to input mobile. AGGHHHHH, muppets. Another email says phone them, another edit this and the is no tab saying edit on that page they refer to! Absolutely pathetic, address this issue that I have no desire for a mobile. I have been with them fro 20years, they have my address, bank details and home land line, why the need for something have not got!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@superchip210 

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to use PayPal without a mobile phone number attached to your account. This does not need to be a smartphone, a basic mobile will do. Paypal use mobile verification as a means of confirming your identity when you are accessing your account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@superchip210 

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to use PayPal without a mobile phone number attached to your account. This does not need to be a smartphone, a basic mobile will do. Paypal use mobile verification as a means of confirming your identity when you are accessing your account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

superchip210
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for info but if that is the case why do paypal make many a reference to those without phone in their info?. A virtual phone  is the answer, according them, downloaded their symantec code tool and still no use. They have had for the last 20 years my address, landline number, and bank details, all unchanged. They can send me a letter! No excuse. They are meant to be calling me wednesday. The instructions you give offer no help as their is no tab "Subscriptions & Notifications." Website I use not an app and that is where their system, designed entirely around apps, falls down. There is no way on this earth big businesses just use mobile phones! PCs

Login to Me Too

Bowwow1991
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem. PAYPAL: You don't have a cell phone? ME: Nope, don't want one. If it's a problem, let me know. You can do better PayPal.
Login to Me Too

superchip210
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal email operative. --

I understand that you're having trouble with our new PSD2 SCA update. No worries, there's a way of still getting into your account without the use of a mobile phone.

If a user does not own a mobile phone they have 2 options available. I recommend the first as the user is not asked for a mobile number to register nor does the user need to share any personal information.

Login to Me Too

superchip210
Contributor
Contributor

NOT SOLVED, STILL HAVE THIS STUPID INSERT MOBILE NUMBER.

Login to Me Too

manimationworld
Contributor
Contributor

I'm stuck with a similar problem, I no longer own a working mobile but received the following email message :

"To meet new regulations, Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) is being added into the PayPal login.

This means that when you login or pay with PayPal, you may be asked for a one-time code that we send via SMS to the phone number you have registered in your profile.

To keep using your PayPal account without interruption, please check that the phone number in your profile is correct."

I am not currently in a position to obtain one and it could be anywhere between months and over a year before I am.

For 2-step verification on other sites I use my tablet and the Andriod app, Authenticator, so why can't PP use the same thing?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@manimationworld 

@superchip210 

@Bowwow1991 

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Account/Don-t-have-a-mobile-phone/m-p/2032677#M65272

Personally I would not be withOUT a mobile phone for safety etc reasons.

Also many banks require them now for security issues.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.