NO CREDIT STATEMENTS !

rc21
Contributor
Contributor
I created my PayPal Credit Account in 2016. PayPal changed financing recently to a NEW source of money ! They (PayPal) will NOT provide Credit History to their NEW funding bank earlier than mid 2018 ! THIS IS RIDICULOUS ️ YOU, as a PAYPAL CREDIT customer can no longer download or find ANY Credit Statements prior to July 2018 ! How can you dispute a charge or payment if PAYPAL will not allow the NEW Bank OR you to see YOUR statements PAYPAL IS FAILING AND THERE ARE PROBLEMS IN THEIR FINANCIAL INTEGRITY
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rc21 

We usually have up to 180 days from date of payment to dispute. With PayPal Credit, that would be especially true. PayPal Credit is not like AMEX who may let you dispute longer than 180 days. And I think less than that when it is unauthorized payment (60 days).

I am not sure if PayPal Credit transactions are included in the Activity Downloads and Statements but you can try that:

Activity > Statements > Standard 

Or 

Activity > Statements > Custom > Activity Download

Select Transaction type, date range, customize report fields, and report format.

Some 2018 activity could be available on the Activity page, just have to manipulate the date range and use the filters.

If you can find the transaction ID number for the particular transaction, call customer service to open a dispute with it:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

If you do get a rep that you aren't comfortable talking with, or can’t assist, hang up and call again.  

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rc21 

We usually have up to 180 days from date of payment to dispute. With PayPal Credit, that would be especially true. PayPal Credit is not like AMEX who may let you dispute longer than 180 days. And I think less than that when it is unauthorized payment (60 days).

I am not sure if PayPal Credit transactions are included in the Activity Downloads and Statements but you can try that:

Activity > Statements > Standard 

Or 

Activity > Statements > Custom > Activity Download

Select Transaction type, date range, customize report fields, and report format.

Some 2018 activity could be available on the Activity page, just have to manipulate the date range and use the filters.

If you can find the transaction ID number for the particular transaction, call customer service to open a dispute with it:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

If you do get a rep that you aren't comfortable talking with, or can’t assist, hang up and call again.  

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rc21
Contributor
Contributor
NO ! Ona personal basis I have NO claims or charges because I CANNOT VIEW THE STATEMENT(S) which cover the time period in which I made purchases which are unavailable in MY memory ! That’s why we have STATEMENTS.....to view prior purchases and payments. IF you try to contact CUSTOMER SERVICE your call will be answered by a accented, foreign individual in a call center NOT located in the U.S. ! Then it goes downhill quickly ! Ask for a Supervisor and eventually an individual located in the United States will answer in fluent English. This Supervisor will tell you that THEY cannot access nor provide YOUR statements prior to mid 2018. PayPal has refused to provide access to their NEW source of financing ️ THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE and possibly ILLEGAL
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.