NAME NOT CAPITALIZED

TANMAY13
New Community Member

My name on the bank account is capitalized but here on paypal, it is not. Can it be updated?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TANMAY13

Shouldn't make any difference.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Backwoods81
New Community Member

@kernowlass 

I have the same issue.

I can tell you from experience that for Chinese bank accounts it does make a difference. Chinese banks usually register your name fully capitalized, for example "JOHN DOE". If you don't fill out your fully capitalized name for whatever payment service, the bank's verification will turn down any payment request.

Login to Me Too

Backwoods81
New Community Member

Furthermore, they may register you as:

JOHN DOE

DOE JOHN

JOHNDOE

DOEJOHN

Capitalization, order, spaces (or lack off), these are usual causes for issues for people with alphabetical names that register an account with a Chinese bank.

Therefore, I would very much recommend that PayPal allows people with Chinese bank accounts to fill out the name for each individual bank card.

For example, if bank A registers you as JOHN DOE and bank B as DOE JOHN, changing the name of your PayPal account will only enable to use one or the other account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Backwoods81 

Thats as maybe but I was replying to a poster that was NOT in China.

Every thread started is started by an individual and advice given is for the country that they are in.

So advice on 1 thread about a problem similar to yours may get different advice in they are in another country.

Also you are replying to a thread posted and answered 2 years ago.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.