My phone number is outdated and I cannot contact PayPal

Alex566
New Community Member

I had some fraud on my bank account happen so I had to get a new account number.  I went to change it on PayPal and its telling me I need to verify it's me with a text message verification.  The problem is, the phone number on my account is really outdated.  The only other phone number I have is from a free texting app because I'm traveling in South America and I don't get service where I am.

I've tried to call PayPal but they said with the COVID stuff happening there is no one to talk to.  I've tried to send them a message but the only way I can do that is by verifying my phone number.  

Please help!! How do I contact PayPal??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

daterxies
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck, I've been dealing with this for 3 weeks.  Online chat is useless, they either don't understand what you are talking about or tell you they can't do anything and you need to call phone support, which of course is closed.  Its a joke.

Login to Me Too

Arlington02
New Community Member

I am having the exact same trouble.  The phone number doesn't work and neither does email. My account is blocked and I run an eBay shop and can't accept payment.  Soooo frustrating - anyone any suggestions 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.