My daughter accidentally locked herself out from her PayPal account. What can we do?

Bob1970
Contributor
Contributor

Please help! My daughter accidentally locked herself out from her PayPal account!
She found tiring to receive SMS text messages each time she logins to her account, so she changed to Microsoft Authenticator app.
But since it didn't make the logging in faster, she wanted to change back to receive SMS again to login.

So she uninstalled Microsoft Authenticator app, and now she CANNOT login in ANY way.
The only option she gets is to change her PayPal password, but even if she changes it, immediately after that PayPal asks her to use Microsoft Authenticator app to login.
She re-installed that app, but there's no backup, because (this is ridiculous, but) she originally registered that app WITH PAYPAL QR-code! This is unbeliavable! How could even this be possible?!
This sounds like a "murder in a room, which is locked from the inside" type of mystery.

Our problem is:
The information we need is INSIDE the PayPal account to restore the authentication app, but we cannot login to PayPal to find that, because to restore the authentication app we would need to login! It sounds like devil's circle.
So it's impossible to restore that data!
Please help.
We would like nothing else than to change back my daughters PayPal login method to SMS text message authentication.
Who could help us with that?
Authenticator app is NOT an option anymore!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.