My computer keeps choosing my mom's account

kycanonist
New Community Member

I use my laptop for accessing both my and my mom's PayPal accounts. Her's is a PayPal.ca account and mine is a PayPal.com account.  Now, every time I try to pay something on my computer using PayPal, it goes straight to her account and not mine and I can't change it.  I press back and it just makes me try to log into her account again.  Help?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Kristina
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @kycanonist ,

Ugh, I know that problem.  It's usually a browser setting thing where the browser has saved your mom's account details. There are two ways to get around this (neither of them are pretty or low click). You can either use a different browser for both of your accounts (e.g. Firefox for yourself and a different one for your mom) or if you don't want to do that - which I can totally understand! - you need to log out each time before logging in again with the different credentials (email address and password) by hitting the "log out" button on the upper right. Just using the back function in your browser won't be enough I am afraid. If that doesn't do the trick I'd also clear cache and cookies. 

Let me know if that helps and how you are getting on. 

Kristina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.