My account name is NOT correct. I could not fix that. HELP!

Motazbellah
Contributor
Contributor

when I first made account on paypal I put my nickname, which is not my real name. so that caused holds on my money and I can not use it and I can not verify my identity because the name on paypal is not the same as in my passport. I tried to follow the instructions and upload my passport and bank statment but still did not work. please help me fix my name and remove holds. Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Motazbellah 

If the name on the account is not a name that was ever your legal name, it is not likely that a name change will be possible. Names can be changed on an account in the following circumstances:

A legal name change

A minor misspelling

And in the case of an account for a registered business, a change in the designated contact for the company.

Changing from a fictitious name (or, as in your case, a name unrelated to your legal name) to a legally recognized name is not something that is supported.

Sadly as no document can prove the name on your account is your legal name or been legally changed to that name then your documents are no good.

The account and the funds in it belong to the person named on that account that has documents to prove its their name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.