My account has the wrong name.

KerryM1
New Community Member

Hi, Ive logged in after a few years to start selling on Ebay again. I have been prompted for email and txt confirmation and completed this. When the account was activated it has the wrong name. The name is of a friend of mine that I set an account up for a while ago using all his information that he activated and has used. My account has all my details but for the name. I have cleared cookies etc, but the incorrect name remains. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @KerryM1,

Unfortunately a name on a personal PayPal account cannot be changed from one person to another; only in situations where a minor change like a letter out of place or in situations of a legal name change. The only resolution would be to close the PayPal account and create a new one in your own legal name. If the account is a business account and your business has legally changed ownership, then you can request we perform a name change after submitting the necessary documentation.

How do I change the name on my account?

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community.

Michelle 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.