My Paypal has had its language changed to Chinese

AussieBean
New Community Member

Hi Team,

I have recently logged back into my paypal after years of inactivity. The account has been changed to Chinese and has had its region locked to NZ where i no longer live.

I am trying to change the langauge back to English but keep getting an error message which i cannot understand.

If possible can any of the powers that be put my preferences back to english or explain to me how to fix the issue

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi AussieBean, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

PayPal accounts are country-specific if you have moved to a new country you will need to create a new PayPal account as it is not possible to change the country of your account. However, it is possible to change the language. 

Please log in to your PayPal account, click on the settings icon in the top right-hand corner and it will show your account profile page. There is a drop-down option on this page for language and you should be able to change this back to English. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.