My Paypal account is limited and paypal website issues prevent me from correcting the issues

jtw101
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to purchase something using my paypal, which I haven't used in quite a long time.  I logged in today for the first time to find out that my account has been limited. This is understandable as I haven't logged in in a while and the credit card information I had on file was very stale.

Paypal prompts me to go to the resolution center to solve my issues.  It explicity states that "You'll be able to regain access to these features once you provide the information we've requested.".  There are three issues that I need to resolve:

1) upload photo ID (no problem, completed with a green check box next to it),

2) upload a bank statement (err ok, a bit much, but not an issue, bank statement uploaded, green "completed" check mark appears next to this issue)

3) Confirm a card.  THIS is where there is a massive issue and broken logic on the website (explained below)

When I click on the "resolve" button to correct my card information in Paypal, it brings me to a page for that (expired) card that says I can a) update the card, or b) remove the card.  If you click "update", it allows you to update the expiration date on the card, but not the card number.  This is not what I want because I need to get my new card information in Paypal.  Fine.  So I will go to "Remove Card" and that should do the trick, right? WRONG!  When I click "Remove Card", I get an error message, saying "There's problem with your account. Please go to the resolution center so we can help you resolve this quickly." 

🤔🤔🤔 

Didn't I just come from the resolution center???? Clicking on the prompted link to go the the resolution center confirm that yes, I am in and endless loop on the paypal website.  I can't remove my card because I need to resolve the issues in the resolution center, but the only Issue I have in the resolution center is that I need to remove my card.  A real chicken or the egg scenario!

What is beyond frustrating is that PayPal won't even review my account to remove it's limited status until I solve these "issues".  Given that I will only be"able to regain access to these features once you provide the information we've requested.", and that I'm never going to be able to resolve this issue due to the website loop, it appears that I will never be able to use paypal ever ever again.  

"But JWT101, just call paypay and have someone help you over the phone!" HA!  It is absolutely impossible to get someone on the phone at paypal.  Once after speaking with the automated system for over 10 minutes, it finally attempts to connect me to a representative, only to then be spoken to by a different automated system, telling me that there are no representatives available, at which point I am hung up on...

Has anyone else ever experienced this nightmare? What can I do?  Please help me! 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.