My Pay Pal Master Card no longer listed in wallet

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

Have 2 credit cards and 1 Debit card in my wallet listed for several years.   Today the Mastercard disappeared from the wallet.  Tried adding it again, and Pay Pal says it's no longer supported ??   It's a "Pay Pal" logo Master Card and all communications from that card have always come via my Pay Pal account and my Pay Pay wallet.   I have always used the wallet link to access the MC account to pay balances and receive receipts, statements etc.  In fact his morning I got the normal monthly notice that my statement is ready to download and view.   This is a direct quote from this mornings email ...

"Your electronic statement for your PayPal Mastercard account is ready to view.  Simply log in to your account at  www.paypal.com to view and pay your bill."  

I can't do that any more .. the card has disappeared from my wallet and Pay Pal is saying it's no longer supported  ??   So far I have not found any other way to access the master card account.

Never got  ANY notice from Pay Pal about the card prior to this issue.   I've explored all the areas of my pay pal account and can't find any solution.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

Problem solved Sunday morning.   Everything is back to normal.  All Credit Cards are available in wallet and all options working.  I was surprised at how quickly Synchrony Bank was able to get this fixed.  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

6bhg
Contributor
Contributor
Same issue here. Tried to checkout using PayPal and the card still showed up as a payment method. However I can't find it on my account, access any monthly statements, or pay my balance from Synchrony Bank.
Login to Me Too

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.   FWIW I have spent considerable time trying to work this out with the automated (non human chat) application.   It tried to help by allowing me to manually enter my card number as a new card.  However several tries it keeps saying they could not use it.  Says I should call their support number by phone for help.   Did you just receive a new replacement card recently ??   I've had this card and account for many years, and a few months ago it was time to have it replaced (expiring)  Got the new card .. a few months ago.  All was fine.   Then a while later got a SECOND new car to replace the one just issued.   The "newer" new card, is now one of those electronically enabled "just swipe" it things with a built in wireless link capability.   Just wonder if you had a similar experience.   I've got a couple weeks before the normal bill is due .. and can't pay it.   Had a similar problem with my linked bank account a while back.   Trying to get it resolved was a real chore.  

Login to Me Too

barebo
Contributor
Contributor

The exact same thing happened to me and it is virtually impossible to speak to a human being. The card that "replaced " my PayPal Mastercard belongs to my wife and somehow they have access to her info??? 

Login to Me Too

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

Update.   Hope this helps .. Problem looks to be the Synchrony Bank itself.   I've tried a dozen different ways and links to access my synchrony Master Card account only to get something this at EVERY company web access I could find:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Synchrony Bank is experiencing some unexpected technical issues. We apologize for this inconvenience.

We appreciate your patience as we work quickly to resolve the matter. Please try again later.

Thank you for being a valued customer.

Synchrony Bank Web Site Administration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the weekend

They must have a serious problem

All we can do is wait.   sigh.   

Good luck to us all ..  Rich

Login to Me Too

llhilts7
Contributor
Contributor

Good to know. I guess I will just keeping checking back. - Lesley

Login to Me Too

lqm7
New Community Member

lqm7_0-1626572234689.gif

Synchrony Bank is experiencing some unexpected technical issues, limiting our self-service capabilities.

In addition, our call centers are experiencing long wait times.

We apologize for this inconvenience. We appreciate your patience as we work quickly to resolve the matter. Please try again later.

Thank you for being a valued customer.

Login to Me Too
Solved

rich_aye
Contributor
Contributor

Problem solved Sunday morning.   Everything is back to normal.  All Credit Cards are available in wallet and all options working.  I was surprised at how quickly Synchrony Bank was able to get this fixed.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.