My Account

Barbietoes
Contributor
Contributor
I am trying to add a friend to my account so I can buy her things on ebay and have them sent to her in another country. How do I do this? I'm in the US.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Barbietoes 

Can't add a shipping address from another country into directly into PayPal as PayPal accounts are country specific.

You can add your friend's shipping address (but you will be using your billing address of course) to your eBay order or account and select that as the shipping address and make sure it is passed into the PayPal payment and eBay order during the checkout process. Then you will notice that your friend's shipping address will get added to your list of mailing addresses in your PayPal account if everything works as it should.

Change your shipping details when ordering

When you’re buying an item, you’ll confirm the shipping method and address at checkout. Make sure you check these carefully before completing your purchase. We’ll pre-select your preferred shipping address in the Ship to field. If it’s incorrect, or if you want the item sent to a different address, select Change. You can then edit the address, select a different address or add a new address.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/shipping-delivery/changing-shipping-details-purchase?id=4028

When you're logged on to PayPal during eBay checkout, be sure to select the correct shipping address or if it lets you add one, add it and see if it'll accept the intl address if it is not already pre-selected from eBay.

Take your time, do not rush through the checkout process to avoid mistakes as they cost money these days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.